1. To get rid fruit stains on your
fingers, rub them with a fresh, peeled potato or white vinegar.
2. Avoid putting citrus fruits or tomatoes
in the fridge,the low
temperatures take away the aroma and flavour of these fruits.
3. If your milk fresh for longer and stop
it from going off, try adding a pinch of salt to the bottle when you first open
4. To clean an electric kettle with
calcium buildup on the heating element, boil a mixture of half white vinegar
and half water, then empty.
5. When storing Tupperware, throw in a pinch of salt to keep
them from getting stinky.
making a soup, sauce, or casserole that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an
ice cube., the ice
will attract the fat, which you can then scoop out.
7. If you have some leftover wine, freeze
it in ice cube trays for easy addition to soups and sauces in the future.
8. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool
the water and use it to water your house plants, the water contains nutrients that your plants will love.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs
are, place them in about 10cm of water.Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If
only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it
floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. Keep lettuce fresh in the fridge by
wrapping it in a clean, dry paper towel and storing lettuce and paper towel in
a sealed bag in the fridge.
11. If you over-salt a pot of soup, just
drop in a peeled potato, the potato will absorb the
12. If your loaf of bread is starting to
go stale, just put a piece of fresh celery in the bag and close it back up.
13. For burnt rice, place
a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the
14. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or
in a fruit bowl with other fruits.Separate your bananas and place each in a
different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other
bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.