Being in a social and party environment can be hard when dieting. But we've found 5 super delicious and healthy recipes that you can enjoy guilt free!
Serving Size:2 zucchini pizzas
Calories Per Serving:75
2 medium zucchinis, sliced
3 Tbsp pizza sauce
2 Tbsp unsalted tomato paste
1/4 tsp. oregano
Dash of garlic powder
3/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, shredded
4 lean pepperonis, cut in half
8 olives, pitted and chopped
1. Preheat your oven on high. Slice your zucchinis at a slight diagonal so that you have about 16 pieces and place zucchini slices on a baking sheet and set aside. Mix together your pizza sauce, tomato paste, oregano and garlic powder and spread about one teaspoon over each slice of zucchini.
2. Mix together your cheeses and sprinkle about a tablespoon over each zucchini slice. Then add your chopped olives and pepperoni slices on top of the cheese and place baking sheet in the oven to broil for about 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
2. French Onion Dip
Calories Per Serving: 80 calories
1.1kg yellow onions, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
113 grams lightl cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
Flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Halve the onions lengthwise and then slice them crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick half-rounds. There will be about 4 cups.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the onions are soft and beginning to release their juices. Continue to simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until the onions are lightly browned and caramelized. Allow to cool. There will be about 2 cups.
3. Place the onions in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop. Remove half of the onions and transfer them to a bowl. To the remaining onions in the food processor, add the onion powder and process until pureed. Add the cream cheese and yogurt and process just until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the bowl and fold into the chopped onions.
4. Taste and season as needed. Chill for at least 1 hour. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley leaves, if desired.
3. Roasted Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
Calories Per Serving:174.7
2 cups canned chickpeas
3-4 cups white vinegar
1 tsp Coarse sea salt
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Take chickpeas and vinegar and place in a medium sized pot. Add a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 220C. Carefully drain chickpeas. Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated. Roast in oven, flipping them when they start to become golden. Keep a careful eye on them to ensure they don’t burn. The goal here is crispy and golden chickpeas.
4. Edamame Guacamole
Serving Size: (1/2 cup)
1 medium ripe avocado
1 cup shelled frozen edamame
2 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, washed and seeded
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (approx 5-6 sprigs)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, boil the frozen edamame for 4-5
minutes, until bright green. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine garlic cloves, coriander, jalapeno and lime juice and puree. Add cooled edamame and puree until smooth. In a mixing bowl, add avocado flesh to the edamame mixture and mash to combine thoroughly.
3. Serve chilled with fresh
veggies (e.g. carrots, celery).
5. Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Calories Per Serving:86
3 large zucchini, sliced longways, halved and cut into sticks
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Spray olive oil spray on large baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Slice zucchini into long planks. Cut planks in half then slice long into sticks.
3. In large shallow bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, set aside. In large shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
4. Working with 3-4 zucchini sticks at a time, start breading process by dunking and completely covering zucchini with egg mixture. Take zucchini sticks out of egg mixture, allowing an extra egg to drip off, and place into breadcrumb mixture. Gently coat the zucchini stick completely with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini stick onto baking sheet.
5. Continue this process until all zucchini sticks are breaded and on baking sheet. Spray each zucchini stick with olive oil spray and place into 220 degree oven. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Using a spatula, flip each zucchini stick and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.