(adapted from ‘Food we love’ by Australian Women’s Weekly)
250gm butter, chopped
1 tbsp instant coffee
400ml coconut cream
200gm dark cooking chocolate
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup (110gm) self raising flour
1 cup (150gm) plain flour
1/4 cup (25gm) dark cocoa
2/3 cup fine coconut
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (680g jar) tinned cherries, drained
5x (50gm) Cherry Ripe Bars, chopped coarsely
1. Preheat oven to 150°C, grease and line 2x23cm springform tins.
2. Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add coffee, sugars and stir in chocolate until melted.
3. Add coconut cream, stir till combined then set aside to cool.
4. Whisk in sifted dry ingredients then coconut, extract and egg.
5. Stir in ½ the Cherry Ripes and ½ of the cherries (chop coarsely).
6. Sprinkle rest of Cherry Ripes on top of cakes.
7. Divide mix between tins and bake 40-50 min until top is set and is still a bit wobbly.
8. Stand cake 10 mins then remove sides and cool on wire rack.
These recipes have not been tested by MediaWorks NZ or Chelsea Sugar.