2 cups cake flour – (¼ cup of cornflour/ ¾ plain flour)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
225g butter, softened
1 cup Chelsea Raw Sugar
3 large eggs at room temperature
3 tsp vanilla
¾ cup milk
1 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place paper cups in 2 x 12-hole muffin pans.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until completely combined.
4. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk then slowly add to egg mix alternately with milk. Batter should be smooth.
5. Add raspberries and stir gently.
6. Pour batter into cups ½ to ¾ full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, insert toothpick to make sure they are done.
To assemble the flowers use one cupcake as the centre and surround with 6 cupcake petals. Repeat 3 times. Ice and decorate as you wish.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
These recipes have not been tested by MediaWorks NZ or Chelsea Sugar.