1 3/4 cups raw sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
2 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp baking powder
125gm chopped crystalised ginger
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
300gm grated carrots
375gm cream cheese
9 tbsp butter
4 tsp lemon juice
6 cups icing sugar
1. Beat the eggs and raw sugar.
2. Add oil and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, sift the flour, ginger and baking powder.
4. Add the ginger and walnuts to the flour mixture.
5. Add the dry mixture and egg mixture together.
6. Add the carrot and fold in well.
7. Bake in 2 tins for approx 40 mins at 180°C.
8. For the icing, beat all ingredients until smooth and chill about 2 hours before spreading on the cake.
These recipes have not been tested by MediaWorks NZ or Chelsea Sugar.