1.2kg Alaskan crab legs, cracked with meat
carefully removed from the shell
100ml Chardonnay vinegar
200ml Extra virgin olive oil
To taste Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
200gm Isigny Crème Fraiche
2 heads Red baby cos lettuce, leaves separated and trimmed – best 18 leaves picked out, washed and drained
3 Lemons, cheeks removed
1tbs Chives, washed, drained and finely sliced
1. Check the crab meat for any cartilage, but leave as whole as possible.
2. In a mixing bowl thoroughly combine the chardonnay vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
3. Place the crab into a mixing bowl and dress with the chardonnay vinaigrette and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Take a portion of the crème fraiche and smear down the centre of a rectangle plate, place a portion of the crab meat, approximately 100gm in the centre of each plate.
5. Place 3 lettuce leaves at one end of the plate and finish off with a lemon cheek on each plate, garnish with the chives.
6. Repeat process for other 5 portions and serve immediately.