Hayley's Ginger Cupcakes with Caramel Icing
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 cup standard flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup milk
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
200g Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
2 dessertspoons cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place cupcake cases in a 12-hole muffin tray.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence.
5. Sift flour and baking powder together – folding into creamed mixture.
6. Add ginger, cinnamon, milk to combine.
7. Fill cases ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes or until centre is cooked.
For the icing
8. Melt butter and soft brown sugar in a saucepan – stirring until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, cool to lukewarm and gradually stir in icing sugar and cream cheese.
These recipes have not been tested by MediaWorks NZ or Chelsea Sugar.