Japanese Peanut Noodles with Chicken
I really love Japanese and Asian food and this is a great Japanese dish. Not only is it packed with protein and full of healthy veggies but it is also low in fat and part of The Flat Belly Diet! So you can indulge yourself with great flavours while still looking after your body and your waistline.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
* Soba Noodles to serve 4
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 3 tblsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 3 tblsp rice wine vinegar
* 1/2 tblsp sesame oil
* 2 tsp chilli paste
* 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
* 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
* 2 large carrots, shredded or grated
* 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Prepare the noodles according to directions on the package, place the peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to soften.
2. Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, chilli paste, and sesame seeds in large bowl while noodles cook. Set to one side.
3. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through.
4. Drain the noodles and add them to the peanut sauce along with all carrots, except for 1/2 cup of the carrots. Mix everything well together until well combined then top with the fried chicken, remaining carrots and sprinkle with the spring onions. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold. Perfect for lunch!