Sofia Vergara of Modern Family fame has been revealed as the highest earning TV actress for the second year running, earning a cool $30 million (NZD37.93M) for her role as the endearingly shrill Gloria Pritchett, as well as through a number of endorsement deals.
This is impressively double her earnings from last year which were still enough back then to rocket her to the top of the list, and considerably ahead of the $11 million netted by her closest rivals Mariska Hargitay (Law and Order: Special Victims Unit) and Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory).
The bombshell funny woman has her own clothing line with Kmart in the US, and other notable deals signed include Diet Pepsi, Covergirl and State Farm Insurance, to name just a few.
The Kardashian clan of reality TV notoriety were included as actresses for the purposes of this list by Forbes, with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe coming in at a joint $10 million, tying with Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo, The Heat star Melissa McCarthy, 30 Rock creator-and-actress Tina Fey and former reality TV star Bethenny Frankel.
Comedy princesses Zooey Deschanel (New Girl ) and Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project) were also present for roll call.
Forbes Highest paid US TV Actresses (Forbes.com):
1. Sofia Vergara - $30 million.
2. Mariska Hargitay and Kaley Cuoco - $11 million.
3. Kardashians, Ellen Pompeo, Melissa McCarthy, Bethenny Frankel and Tina Fey - $10 million.
4. Cobie Smulders - $9 million.
5. Alyson Hannigan - $8 million.
6. Amy Poehler and Julianna Margulies - $7 million.
7. Lena Dunham, Zooey Deschanel and Courteney Cox - $6 million.
8. Whitney Cummings - $5 million.
9. Mindy Kaling - $4 million.
10. Kerry Washington - $3 million.
Check out our gallery of the stunning Sofia!