As the nights get darker and the days get colder, our lighting and heating needs often lead to high power bill. But, it doesn't always need to be the case! Here are some tips for reducing your bill this Winter.
1. Make a 'draught snake' to cover the gap between the door and floor. While the heating is running, this will keep heat within the room. Remove this when you're out during the day to maintain air flow.
2. Close the curtains in the early evening
3. Turn appliances off at the wall when they're not in use
4. Look at solar power options. A panel on the roof is becoming more common as a viable power source.
5. Avoid overstocking the fridge or freezer as the air needs to circulate. You'll have to be more efficient with the grocery shopping too!